Tuesday 7 August 2007

More Art Photos

What a glorious weekend we had in Perth! After a week (maybe more!) of rain and over cast days the sun came out.

Saturday was spent being a lazy lizard soaking up the sun and defrosting my bones, watching the kids play outside. Sunday, after church, we spent planting all the seedlings and plants we bought the day before. DH was away on a fishing weekend with his brothers and dad so we decided to add to our animal family as well by getting some aquatic snails to keep our goldfish company and looking at all the wonderful fish and birds at a local pet store.

I also spent some time looking through my photos and finding some art ones that I hadn't posted.

The first 3 are of a dimensional frame I decorated for a good friend. Heehee, I just noticed that you can see the camera in the first shot. Can you tell I like rusty things?




These were done as part of the Pandora's Box swap I am doing.



These two pages were for an altered board book swap.



This was a Mystery Muse gift for someone at a stamp camp in Busselton I went to recently. I hadn't quite finished it when camp started, it needed that one thing more, so I decided to wait to see what turned up. Well, the bottle is filled with Geograph Bay sand and the wire wrapped around the bottle was picked up in the carpark in front of the salvage yard that we raided. The funny thing was that the person who it was for was with me when I picked it up.

These next 4 ATCs were made at a scrap night I went to (I was desperate for some 'me' time, what can I say!)





This one was a RAK.



Another 2 sets of pages from the Altered Board Book Swap.





I hope you enjoyed all that art, I think it will be the last for a while, I need to make more before I can post more!

Keep dry,
Ky

6 comments:

kelsey said...

What a wonderful art-filled post Ky! LOVE the first rusty frame particularly....gorgeous use of colour, the contrast between the green and the rust looks spectacular! The rest ain't too shabby either! lol

wa_wookie said...

Hello salvage-yard-buddy!
Had to leave a comment after seeing the wonderful piece of artwork that I have hanging up about a meter away from me as I type this! Love your work as always and TY for being so generous with your art and friendship.
Hugs
PJ

Natalie B said...

When did you get a blog!!! Just found it via Kelsey's??? Kept that one quiet!! Love your work as always Ky... take care Nat

Dawnie said...

So much eye candy Ky, just super.
Love the first pic with all the rusted elements and my favourite PA stamp of the gentlemen.
Wonderful work and now must go in for another looksie.

Hugs
Dawnie xxx

Julie H said...

Oh Ky these are all marvelous, especially the first piece - love the colours and rust. A lot of eye candy, i will probably be back for another peak before your next psot.

France said...

Just discovered your blog! I had no idea. I'll be back ;)
Love the little houses you and Charmaine did! (and the rest too, of course!)