Wednesday 3 October 2007

You Asked For It!

So here he is!

This is how we usually see him, in his office hunched over the laptop.

And this is the front view! Perhaps I should have waited till he had a haircut. My DH's favorite shirts are flannel or as we call them lumberjack shirts. They are the bane of my existance as he wears them almost everywhere. Alright so not work or church but anywhere else. Ok, Dawnie, I saw your dare and raise you one of your own!


Now for something alot prettier than those last two pix! My Aunt is very sick with cancer and I wanted to make her something to brighten her day. I do have an ulterior motive. The last card I sent her was my version of one I saw on a gallery somewhere and she went on about how wonderful it was and how clever I was with placement and such. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a copy so now she will have a 100% original. It is ATC sized.


This round of the Pandora's Box swap has me struggling. Apart from the fact that, since we are at the tail end of the swap, the contents of the box which we all have to work with is getting slim I just don't seem to be able to find the right thing to do. This is the first thing I did but since it is tiny I wanted to do something else too. I am working on a wax collage canvas and we will see how it turns out. Sorry about the shocking photobut I can't be bothered to take another! Got to get upo and organise lunch for us all in a mo so want to get this finished before I do.

DH is away for 5 days starting tomorrow so I am looking forward to some serious art time in the evenings over the weekend. I am hoping to finish my inchies and the wax collage canvas and maybe my Technique book ATCs too.

Enjoy the sunshine!

Ky

5 comments:

Natalie B said...

Love what you've made for your Aunty... just gorgeous.

Dawnie said...

That husband had it coming KY and you just cant keep a good man down now can you !He-he, well now,lets just see if I can rise to the occassion.
Love the art that you have shared but forgot to tell you how much I adore your MM gift.Really beautiful.

Prawnie xxx

Julie H said...

Well hubby has a lovely smile! And if you pretend he is a lumberjack then the shirt will seem 'just right'.

Just reading about all the swaps you are involved in is wearing me out! The butterfly is beautiful and I know your Aunt will love it. The bottom piece is what I call 'classic Kylie' - I like it.

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Kylie - Just catching up on your blog and wow! so much beautiful art to look at. Really sorry to read about your Dad. Hope we get to catch up in person some time.

Genevieve said...

Love your work Ky, good to see your Cuttlebug getting a workout!

Cheers!