Friday 8 January 2010

Project Finished

I seem to be doing well with the goal I set yesterday to not leave my blog so lonely don't I? Two in as many days, gotta be a record for me! After the dog's breakfast I made of that last post I think I owe it anyway. Sorry about that, I just couldn't get the photos and text to do what I wanted. Maybe I should add learning 'Blogger' to my list of things to accomplish?!

Well, as the title to this post suggests I finished a project just a few minutes ago and before it leaves my hands tonight I wanted to take some photos and show it off. I was given a couple of kits from Twiddleybitz for my design Team challenge from the girls at Scrap It Flaunt It. After some inspiration searching I decided to go with this ...


Ok, don't worry I am not going all scrapbooky on you, I just thought it might look better with a photo in the back, better than leaving it plain. Here are a few detail shots. First the obligatory bird in the tree.

I knew those little flowers from all that Cuttlebugging would come in handy one day! Made a botch of the front of the house. I was going for a fine crackle and ended up with huge cracks instead. There is no way I could recreate the effect as it was one patch job after another before I considered it even close to acceptable. Even as it is now I am not that happy but that is probably because I still have the effect I want to achieve in my mind.

The verse reads, 'A house is a home when it shelters the body and comforts the soul' by Phillip Moffitt, no idea who he is but I really liked the verse.


Alrighty, we will see how this post looks and then we are off to afternoon tea with some new friends.
Have a great weekend,
Ky
Ephesians 4:32 KJV

3 comments:

Julie H said...

Nice Kylie, and nice to see the family!

artexplorer said...

I have trouble with using Crackle Paste: does not crackle at all! This is a great piece of artwork.

Unknown said...

totally, totally beautiful, glad you shared it xxx