Wednesday 16 January 2008

RAKs, MMs & a Calendar

Let's start with the calendar. When Dad died my mother's sister came over from Adelaide to help Mum. In conversations we had during her time here I deduced that she would like me to make her a calendar for 2008 like I had for 2007. Now not having had any previous intention to do so I hurried out to the local scrapping store to see what they had in the way of premade calendar bases. (I would have made one up myself with my new Bind-It-All but at that time I wasn't allowed to have it as it was before Christmas and the machine was my pressie - what a mean DH!) Anyway, after finding this chipboard one and several papers I thought she might like I set to work with the goal to get it to her before New Year. Well, it is sitting on my kitchen bench as I type all packaged up ready to go and only a couple of weeks late! I lost my inspiration there for a while but with some help from the ladies at stamp club on Friday I managed to finish it.



I forgot these first few from the previous post so thought that while the kids were happy for a moment that I would get them up.

These first two ATCs are from Julie H. The photos just don't do them justice, all that rust and layers! Love it!


This book is my Mystery Muse gift from a couple of months ago that I still haven't acknowledged (doing right after this!). It is from Dawn the Prawn. So much to look at. All those tags. Another DTP original to treasure!


I received my January Mystery Muse on Friday but I haven't taken a pic yet so keep an eye out in a future post.

Take care till next time,
Kylie

2 comments:

kelsey said...

I'm sure your Mum is going to love the calendar...love the use of all the different papers so each month is a different feel!

Lovely atc's from Julie and oh that book from Dawnie....what else do we expect though from these 2 talented girls!

linkedtopaper said...

I love that calendar Ky, it's so pretty. Some really yummy stuff from Dawnie and Julie, you lucky girl, You deserve every bit of it too. See you soon, love from Char :-)