Wednesday 30 January 2008

Sniffle, sniff, sniff

January is a month of birthdays in our family. First is our eldest child, Jess, who turned 13, yep, officially a teenager! She got her ears pierced (her idea) and can't wait to try on all of my earrings! Next is my Mum. We had a lovely BBQ birthday dinner as it is her favorite. Next is Josh our eldest son who turned 7 and lost his two front teeth all in one week! Actually Mum's and Josh's are two days apart and when I was in labour we thought they might even share it but he had other ideas. Below is the card I made for Mum. I had attended a Cuttlebug demo night at Scraptivate the night before so was all enthused to make something with it. Mum really liked it (as she does everything I make her - 'cause she loves me!) which was what I was aiming for. One year I didn't make Mum a hand made card but found her a really nice one from a shop. I thought she might like that better than what I could make . Well! she tore pieces off me for NOT making her a card, so every year I try to do something different and just for her.


Speaking of Mums, we went to visit my MIL in Toodyay (NE of Perth) for a couple of days and she admired the bracelet that Jess was doing (her first commission!) so we sat down to make one for her. It ended up being me who made it as Mum was sure she couldn't do it (I know you can Mum!) and this is the result. Thanks for the props, doesn't it look good against the black?

Jess and Amy signed up to do a couple of kids classes at Scraptivate this holidays which they enjoyed immensely. The two canvases below are from a class they did with Mel today. Don't they look great. I signed up to do the adult version later in February as I really like these Poppet people.


Jess

Amy

Well, I am off to bed. I have been struggling with a runny nose and headache for most of the day (thanks Jess!) and I can hear my bed calling, plus I have a book I want to finish!


Take care,

Ky

4 comments:

Dawnie said...

Lovely Post Ky.
Wonderful Button bracelets and those poppet canvas's are just delightful.Great job from the girlies.Bet they had fun at everyones favourite shop !
Happy birthday to everyone with a special B'day this month.Yay to miss teen.
Hugs
Dawnie

Julie H said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Jess and those poppet pages are fantastic!

kelsey said...

Love the card you made for your Mum. The cuttlebug demo is definitely worth doing!

Button bracelet looks great too as do the poppet canvases. I know Mel was really happy to be doing the poppet canvases...so much so that she bought both of Claudine's books from the shop!

Genevieve said...

Lovely post Ky, hope the sniffles have stopped,nothing worse than a summer cold! Beautiful work by your girls, spitting image of their Mum!

Cheers!