Wednesday 28 May 2008

Mystery Muse & Suze

The last week has flown by with so much happening. Friday was by far the busiest with a trip into Perth to the craft show and a trade night at Stamp It. Since I was going to be out for quite a bit of the day I decided to leave a bit later. 1pm saw me walk through the doors. A quick recon up and down the isles and I was set to find the bargains. Well, I didn't find much. It was the first time I had been to the fair since it moved from the Burswood venue to the Convention centre. I don't think I will be bothering again. Apart from the parking or lack there of, I really didn't find that much that interested me. I spent most of my time keeping Joyce company at the Paper Forest stand. It was fun though! While I was there I managed to meet Dawn (and her Mum) and pass on Dawn's Mystery Muse for this month. I was inspired by the canvas class I did with Audrey at Scraptivate to do a smaller version.




The evening found me at Stamp It in Vic Park filling in for one of the ladies from Scrap It Flaunt It who couldn't make it. As I am on the Design Team and teach a few classes they thought I might get the most out of the evening. We were there for a make and take with Suze of Schmooze With Suze fame. What a lovely lady! We learnt all about Melt Pots, UTEE and To Dye For. Below is a photo of the SIFI crew who went. L - R Amy, Bianca, Maureen, me, Jodie and Suze. It was a great night. I learnt heaps (including the fact that I now NEED to get a melt pot!), was taught by a wonderful teacher and has some yummy pizza to top it all off.



Thursday sees me doing the first in a series of technique classes at the shop. We are starting with a folder to keep samples in and Alcohol Inks. I will post the samples after the class has run.


Have a great week,


Kylie

No comments: