Saturday 17 May 2008

Where has the time gone?

It has been weeks since I last updated the blog but I don't seem to have much to show for it. School holidays came and went, DH had his second round of shoulder surgery in there somewhere and I started teaching a few clasess at the local scrap shop (yeah, I know scrapping, but I am trying to convince them that not ALL work you do has to have a purpose or have photos of your family in it). So far I have done a star book class, next up is a technique class where we are going to make a book to keep our work in. The first technique is Alcohol Inks so I had to have a quick refresher myself as it has been awhile since I used them. BTW, the shop is called Scrap It, Flaunt It, it is in Armadale (WA) on William St (same as Centrelink) so go long and have a look round. If there is a particular product or class you want to do just ask and I am sure they will be able to organise something. Along with that there have been swaps and more swaps. These first photos are of the Tag Board Book swap on arty_oz. The first theme is Women.

I searched some of the quote sites for a quote that said just what I wanted and this is what I came up with, I rather like it. ' A beautiful woman delights the eye, a wise woman, the understanding, a pure, the soul' Minna Antrim.




This theme is Birds of a Feather.






Soccer season is back so lots of cold early mornings to look forward to. This morning was no exception except that I had something more than soccer to look forward to. Several months ago Audrey from Scraptivate displayed a canvas in the shop which I just loved. I asked nicely, bugged her, pestered her and finally she put some dates up for the class. The first one was today and I, for one, had a ball. I wish I could have stayed for the whole thing but DH was in the car park with a car load of bored kids so had to leave before I was completely done. I just love it though. Thanks Audrey, it was a great class.

Jess is starting Agility training with Woosha so expect some action photos in posts to come. I think they will both have a great time. Now that Woosha has finished Obedience training with Gina he is 'in the zone' and ready to go to the next level. He had a great time at a recent doggy boot camp that Gina and her daughter Sarah had for him. He had decided that he was alpha dog and Jess' Knight Protector and became very hard to control around other dogs. Now he is much more relaxed and willing to listen to Jess.

Both girls did a beading class up at the Pioneer Village craft shop which I think they will keep up which is very good 'cause there are a couple of pieces on display that I really like, though I may just go do a few classes myself! Josh is going next week to start drawing classes which I hope he will enjoy as he is hard to find non-sport activities for. We just have to find a piano teacher that is willing to come to our house to teach the kids and we will be set.

Well, I have a lasagne to make for dinner tonight so I had better get to it.

Keep warm and dry this week,
Ky

No comments: