Tuesday 16 December 2008

House Book Swap & Colleen

I thought it was about time that I loaded the pix from the House Book swap I am hosting. I have been busy with this and that, waiting for photos to come in and life in general but I am having some down time at the moment as I had three wisdom teeth out yesterday. Good excuse to update the blog I thought. The whole experience isn't anywhere near as dreadful as I anticipated. I had heard stories from both ends of the spectrum so was hoping for something in the middle. God was looking after me though as I think I am at the positive end. I have had no nausea from the anesthetic and very little pain or swelling, half of my tongue is numb and I am struggling to think up different food to eat but I can deal with that. The drugs help of course.

So onto the swap. There are about 14 of us in the swap and each month two names are drawn and we all have to make a page and send it to the person whose theme it is. The first two names to be drawn were Nikki Blowers and Gail Smith. Nikki's theme was The Glass House and GGail'swas the Vintage Men House. Below are the pages for Gail's house. I will load Nikki's pages later today or tomorrow.

Vanessa Henry

Sarah Faucett


Rhonda Clayton


Philippa Barr

LucyLeatham Front

Lucy Leatham Back

Lucy Leatham Front

Lucy Leatham Back

Kylie Mell


Kaeren Sutherland

Joanne Hughes

Greta Young

Glenda Laing

Glenda Laing Back


Evelyn Watt

The piccy below is of a GAP dog Colleen. We looked after her for a week before her new owner took her home. Better than staying at the kennels I thought. That turned out to be not such a good idea as Woosha and Colleen had an altercation which left Woosha with a torn ear and several puncture wounds to his neck. I wonder what he said to her. We have been very fortunate so far to have had no trouble with any of the previous dogs but there is always a first time. I don't blame Colleen at all. With dogs it is all about hierarchy, who's top dog. And I guess that was well and truly sorted! She was a lovely (if energetic) dog with us humans and was very affectionate too. I am sure her new owner will just love her.
Still on Greyhounds, I went to the Pat A Greyhound Day at Cottonwool Creations in Kelmscott on Saturday and although it was a warm one it was great to see everybody patting the dogs and especially to see a couple of our past fosters.
That's me done for the moment, off to have sleep, those drugs are still messing with my system.
Have a creative day,
Ky

4 comments:

NessH said...

Ky, the photos of the house book looks good all together..we do thank you for all the work and chasing up you are doing as the hostess..

Lucy said...

Hey Kylie,
Am feeling for you, hope you're well on the way to recovery.
Love the pics, thanks for posting them.
Also, Big Kudos for taking on this project.
Hugs Lucy

Julie H said...

Hi Ky, love the swap - wonderful shaped pages and what a lot of nice keys and escutcheons.

Here's praying the mouth heals quickly and you can enjoy Christmas day with the children.

Dawnie said...

All of these are great Ky and hope the start of the new year has been wonderful for you all.Catch you soon I hope.
XXX